Near the Katalina Complex, you can visit the following attractions:
It is located in the Batashka Mountain in the Rhodopes and located 5 km from the town of Peshtera. After the deviation from the main road from the town of Peshtera to the town of Batak, there is about 2 km of narrow asphalt road on which it is difficult for two cars to pass each other. The paved road leads to a parking lot where you can leave your car. The cave is difficult to access (about 25 minutes up a steep 830 meter long eco-trail).
Lepenitsa is the name of a cave located in the Western Rhodopes. The cave is located at the foot of Mount Syutkya and the territory around the entrance of the cave is covered with forests. It is located about 10 km southeast of the town of Rakitovo. The Lepenitsa River flows along the lowest floor of the cave. Many small lakes can be seen on the top floor. On the middle floor there is a wide variety of cave formations. It is dry, with two lakes; in rainy weather the lakes are four. Numerous stalactites and stalagmites are observed, as well as other forms.
The fortress entered the boundaries of the Bulgarian state in the middle of the 9th century. It was conquered by the Byzantine Empire in the 11th century, but was liberated during the reign of Tsar Kaloyan. When Kaloyan appointed his nephew Alexius Slav as governor in the Rhodopes, Tsepina became the seat of the despot’s dominions. After the assassination of the king in 1207, despot Alexius Slav declared himself independent and Tsepina became his capital city. The fortress was impressive, its outer walls covered an area of 25 decares, and a medieval castle was built in its highest part.
Village of Dorkovo Paleontological site
The village of Dorkovo is located in a mountainous area, surrounded by the beautiful forest massifs of the Rhodopes. It is located on both banks of the Mutnitsa River, in the northeastern part of the Chepinska Valley. It lies in the southern slopes of the Karkaria ridge which is part of the Batashka Mountain
There was a Thracian settlement on Gradot. The Tower was a Thracian sanctuary and on Kaleto there was a Thracian fortress that protected the settlement, the sanctuary and the place of the Dionysians – Drontovitsa. Subsequently, only the Tower remained, which was turned into a fortress during the time of the despot Slav and was connected to the Tsepina fortress. For its part, the city of Gradot is a great place for bivouac and camping, if appropconditions are created for this.
The Fotinski waterfalls are located 3 km east of the village of Fotinovo. The village is located in the Northwestern Rhodopes on both banks of the Fotinska River, about 24 km from the town of Batak and 10 km from the village of Nova Mahala. To the west of it is the Batashki Snezhnik.
Batak Town Historical Museum
The historical museum in Batak was established in 1956. The museum complex includes the museum building, the Balinova house and the Sharova house. The museum is a scientific and cultural institute implementing the state policy on the preservation of historical and cultural values and the development of museum activities in Batak Municipality. It coordinates all activities in the municipality related to the search, research and presentation of the cultural-historical heritage and natural resources for the development of cultural tourism.